Whether you call it “pop” or “soda” … it can be causing you harm!
•Many products which we use daily can be harmful to teeth
•These products wear down enamel, leaving teeth brittle and sensitive
- In fact, just one can of Coca Cola contains 39g of sugar – that’s 10 cubes or 11 teaspoons in just one can
- It is also becoming more common for products to contain dangerous acids which erode teeth and increase the likelihood of decay
Source: Acid Eating A way at Our Teeth, Consumeraffairs.com, March 6, 2008: Department of Health and Human Services, 2010
SO YOU DRINK DIET SODA ………
- Diet soda isn’t safe either it contains its own acid.
- With all sodas, the more you are exposed to acid, the greater the risk of damage to your teeth
- Each acid attack lasts about 20 minutes, and begins again with every sip you take. Repeated acid attacks eat away your tooth enamel
- Cavities start when sugars and acids damage the enamel- and your teeth begin to rot away.
Source: “got Rot” IL Dental Association