In 2009, American Dental Association surveyed nearly 65 percent of dentists and they responded that they believe dental technicians and laboratories are regulated in their state. This is NOT THE CASE. In fact, only four states in the United States require either certification or continuing education. (National Association of Dental Laboratories) In Illinois, dental labs are not required to register. The close relationship between our doctors and our American based labs ensure that we have more control over the products we use on our patients. This is highly important to us.
Many labs in foreign countries such as China, Mexico, and the Philippines are vying for business with American dentists. In Elmhurst, IL, Guzaitis Dental Group lab work provides the best care because it comes from nearby American based labs. We have established a close, long-term relationship with our labs.
We also have an on-site lab that we work closely with on many anterior and cosmetic cases. You can count on your Chicago area family & cosmetic dentists at Guzaitis Dental Group to only use American-made lab work including crowns and porcelain veneers in all of our dental care.
Foreign Laboratory Facts to Consider
- There are no regulations for offshore labs to identify where dental restorations are fabricated.
- Dentists are not mandated to disclose working with an offshore lab, nor do patients see a price reduction if offshore labs are used.
- FDA regulations of off-shore labs are limited to their authorized importer status, not their infection-control standards used in production methods or their content.
- Several offshore labs list ISO 9001 certification to enhance their perceived quality, but ISO 9001 is only a procedural standard which does not indicate a higher quality product.
- Barriers of distance, language and culture may seriously impair the necessary details required to design a perfect restoration for the patient.
- Several skilled dental technicians live in our Chicago land area, so our Guzaitis Dental doctors leverage local expertise that is best for our patients.
Elmhurst IL Dentistry
Services to the Chicagoland, Elmhurst, and Surrounding Areas.
If you are seeking an Elmhurst dentist that can meet your entire family’s needs and you want a dentist with a more “one on one” approach, look no further than Guzaitis Dental Group. Where Dr’s Guzaitis, Kopp, Lapi, and Elia are here to provide you with excellent care. We are located in the heart of Elmhurst at 188 N York St, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Call us today at (630) 941-8398 to schedule a consultation.